Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter 2011 NYC Restaurant Week

One of my favorite times of year is upon us – NYCGO.com 's New York City Restaurant Week! Thank goodness it happens more than once a year. For those who are not aware, Restaurant Week is like Christmas or Hanukah all over again. 3-course prixe fixe menus as some of the best NYC restaurants are $24.07 for lunch and $35 for dinner (participating restaurants only). Click here to see who is participating.
I have made my RW selections for this season – One if by Land, Two if by Sea and Le Cirque. I am very excited for One if by Land because it has been at the top of my “go-to” list for a while. Le Cirque is an old favorite of mine, so I am thrilled to be going back.
So that you can also make your choice wisely, below I have listed my picks for best RW options. This is based on my experiences at these restaurants both during and not during Restaurant Week:
-      21 Club: The ambiance at this restaurant is very romantic and old school, and the food is amazing. Menu features Pork, Salmon, Chicken and Vegetarian options.
-      A Voce Columbus: This is a place I would describe as “happening” and modern. The RW menu is not available online, but if the chicken is available I insist that you try it. Same with the donuts for dessert. Located in Time Warner Center, overlooks Central Park (try to get a window seat!).
-      Bond St: If you like sushi, you have got to go here. Other than Le Cirque, this is my favorite RW pick by a landslide. The amount of food is insane (actually four courses, not 3), and they have sake and martini specials as well.
-      Convivio: This is one of the best Italian meals in the city. Nestled in Tudor City, it’s one of the most romantic restaurants I have been to. Lunch and Sunday dinner only. Menu not available online.
-      Le Cirque: GO HERE!!! It is my favorite restaurant in the city. The food, the service, the ambiance, everything is perfect. Would act fast, though, as reservations are hard to come by. Menu not available online.
-      Molyvos: I went to this Greek restaurant with authentic Greek people, on their recommendation. Enough said. Do it if you can brave the theater district without the payoff of seeing a Broadway show.
-      Park Ave Winter: I haven’t actually been here, but the menu looks amazing. If I were going for a third sitting this season, I think this would be it.
-      Perilla: This is also one of my favorite restaurants in the city. I have not tried any of the items on the RW menu, but I can’t imagine anything here not being delicious. If not during RW, you have got to try it at some point.

3 comments:

  1. The menu for Le Cirque is actually online. :)

    http://www.nycgo.com/restaurantweek/winter2011/menu/le-cirque

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing - it looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing. I'll let you all know what I end up choosing.

    ReplyDelete